This candle was done by leaching three dyes together as the candle was cooling. I started by pouring 140° F paraffin wax into the mold. When it had cooled enough to form a skin on top, I added the dye shavings. I put the yellow, red, and blue shavings on different sides, and then used a butane torch to melt them down and swirl them around. When the candle had cooled I filled the pit with black wax.
This was a unity candle I made for a friend's wedding. It is 140° F paraffin wax with paraflint added. After melting everything together at very high temperatures, I let the wax cool to about 150° F before pouring. When the candle had cooled enough to form a skin on top I added blue dye shavings and melted them in with a butane torch. Because the wax was poured at such a low temperature in combination with the paraflint additive, it has an almost fuzzy texture. When the butane torch was used to melt in the dye it raised the temperature of the wax at the top, giving that area a smooth texture. This candle was difficult to get out of the mold, and left alot of material stuck to the inside.
2.2 lbs 140° F paraffin wax
2.5 Tbsp of Paraflint
0.5 oz "rain" scented oil
I poured the wax @ 215° F. It has to be hot to fully dissolve the paraflint into the wax. When it had cooled enough that blowing on it created goosebumps, I dumped a bunch of dye shavings on top. Usually I would use a butane torch the melt the shavings in, but here they melted on their own and eventually sank down into the wax. The next day the candle was dry, but there was a huge cavern (the hotter the poured wax, the bigger the cavern). I reheated the leftover wax to fill the cavern and add another centimeter of wax on the top. When the candle was fully-cooled it came out of the mold very easily.
I made this candle as a wedding gift for some friends. I first created red cherry-scented, and pink rose-scented chunks. I filled the mold full of those chunks and poured 140° F paraffin wax at about 150° F over them. This makes the wax cool very quickly and stops it from melting the chunks. It also gives the rough exterior. With the left-over wax I made some votives.